Bali to Host International Seminar on Islamic Finance September 26-30, 2009.
According to the organizers, the goal of the Bali meeting is to raise awareness of the diverse global interests and wide membership base of the Islamic Finance community worldwide. The Bali gathering will also encourage wider participation in an international dialogue and exchange of information on Islamic finance and strengthen financial systems at both the national and global level.
The focus of the Bali presentations by acknowledged leaders in their respective fields will be “Islamic Finance – Outlook and Reality.”
Findings, conclusions and action plans resulting from the seminar – and similar meetings being held across the region – are hoped to directly contribute to a stronger financial global community. The further hope is that each finance industry professional coming to the Bali meetings will contribute in shaping the future outlook of Islamic finance.
Those involved in Islamic finance from within both the public and private sector are urged to add their names to the growing roster of participants who will travel to Bali seeking ways to advance the Islamic finance industry.
Some of the topics that will be covered in Bali include:
• Shariah and legal frame work for Islamic financial institutions.
• Financial accounting aspects of Islamic Institutions.
• The role of the Shariah committees in the development of the Finance Industry.
• Marketing strategies for Islamic Products and services.
• Recent development in the regulatory and supervision issues for Islamic Finance institutions.
• Growth and development of the Islamic Finance Industry.
• Financial crisis impacts on the Islamic Financial institutions.
Among the distinguished international speakers attending the in Bali are:
• Sheikh Abdullah Bin Suleiman Al-Manea – Saudi Arabia
• Dr. Muhammad al-Bashir Muhammad al-Amine – The Kingdom of Bahrain
• Dr. Mohamad Nedal Al Chaar – General Secretary , AAOIFI
• Dr. Farid Kourtel – Algeria
• Mudassir Amray, head of Citigroup Islamic Finance for Asia pacific, Singapore
• Bernardo Vizcaíno – Singapore
• Abdul Rahim Kamil Wan Mohamed Ali – Senior Consultant Malaysia Securities
The Bali seminar is arranged by a commission comprised of :
• Dr. Sunil Kamar – UAE, Dubai
• Ayad Al-Mutairi – Saudi Arabia
• Azmat Rafique – Qatar
• Lindsey Rogerson – United Kingdom
The organizer promise a program filled with stimulating discussions, informed guidance and up-to-date solutions to financial issues facing the Islamic finance industry as well as strategies for contending with the current world financial crisis, while providing an outstanding networking opportunity with the movers and shakers in modern-day Islamic finance.
source : bali news