Effat University , IRTI and INCEIF
The 5th Islamic Finance Conference (IFC 2019) ON
ISLAMIC BANKING AND INSURANCE IN THE ERA OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Date: December 1st 2019
Venue: Effat University, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
You are cordially invited to submit your research papers for presentation at the 5th Islamic Finance Conference (IFC 2019) on December 1st, 2019 that will take place in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia). The IFC 2019 is organized by Effat University, the Islamic Research and Training Institute IRTI and the International Center for Education in Islamic Finance INCEIF. The aim of this conference is to bring together the local and international researchers, scholars and policymakers to present and to discuss research in the field of financial technology, smart contracts and Islamic financing.
Following the success of the previous Islamic Finance Conferences, Effat University, the Islamic Research and Training Institute IRTI, and the International Center for Education in Islamic Finance INCEIF are organizing the 5th IFC scheduled to be on the December 1st 2019 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Themed “ISLAMIC BANKING AND INSURANCE IN THE ERA OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION”, the forthcoming IFC 2018 is expected to platform academicians, scholars, researchers, professionals, bankers, insurers and other stakeholders to be together to discuss the revolutionary technology of Blockchain and digital transformation that the Islamic finance ecosystem could leverage to exponentially enhance business processes and streamline operations.
The digital transformation could include smart contracts and blockchains, cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity, Insure Technology, Crowdfunding, payment platforms as an emerging channels that could be utilized in the Islamic banking and insurance industry. The Digital Transformation and Fintech offer a tremendous amount of opportunities available for bankers and insurers to achieve multiple strategic objectives such as financial inclusion, customer-oriented financial services, operation excellence and competitive advantage.
The IFC 2019 addresses the question of what role digital transformation and blockchain technologies play in Shariah banking and Islamic insurance, and How Muslim entrepreneurs, bankers, insurers and small businesses could benefit from blockchain and Fintech?
The Conference on ISLAMIC BANKING AND INSURANCE IN THE ERA OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION” is aiming:
- To enrich the theory of Islamic financial innovation and its role in financing SMEs.
- To highlight the significance of FINTECH and practice of digital insurance and banking.
- To address various issues currently faced by Islamic finance technology.
- To assess the current innovative efforts of the Islamic finance industry.
Deadline for abstract submission : September 30th
Notification for abstract acceptance : October 10th
Deadline for full paper submission : November 20th
Conference dates : December 1st
LANGUAGES – The language of the conference will be in English.
The theme of the Conference will be “ISLAMIC BANKING AND INSURANCE IN THE ERA OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION ”
The main topics of the conference include, but not limited to:
- Islamic banking and Insurance
- Takaful and Waqf
- Digital banking
- Fintech and Saudi vision 2030
- Ethics and regulation of digital Islamic finance
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Issues with Islamic financial innovation
- Shari’ah scholars and SSBs and their position vis-à-vis Islamic financial innovation.
- Dynamic Islamic Capital Market
- Islamic Finance and SME Financing
Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English, in Word formats. Submissions should be made though email IFC@effatuniversity.edu.sa or ConfBay website (www.confbay.com). Contact person: Dr Tahar Tayachi firstname.lastname@example.org
Any submissions after the September 30th will not be entertained. All the papers’ submission are peer-reviewed and the decision notification is made latest by October 10th.
Both theoretical and empirical papers are considered by the conference. The authors are required to use the following format:
- Length: 10 to 15 pages, Font Times New Roman, size 12, 1.0 line spacing (single space), A4 paper size, Margins: 1 inch or 2.5cm
- Author(s) names, affiliation, correspondence address, and email address should be provided in title page
- Between three to six key words should be mentioned by the author(s)
- Tables and figures should be placed in their appropriate location in the paper
- References should follow APA format
Registration Fees : No registration fees
Conference Publication :
Selected papers presented in the conference would be published in a special issue of the following ABS/Scopus Indexed journals:
Journal of Islamic Business and Management (JIBM) JIBM, www.jibm.org
ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance, http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/services/publishing/ijif/index.htm
Islamic Economic Studies, http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/services/publishing/ies/index.htm and http://iesjournal.org/english/home.html