QFIS offers a number of prestigious scholarships for international students including:
Qatar Foundation – Faculty of Islamic Studies Scholarships for international students include: program tuition, housing, recreation, phone, internet, health plan fee, transportation inside & outside Qatar Foundation.
Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies (QFIS)
Our vision at QFIS is to become a locus of thought and dialogue that leads research and debate in all that relates to Islam and Muslims, be that contemporary concerns or issues of heritage; and that produces scholars who are strongly‐grounded in Islamic faith, practice, and civilization, and who are open for engaging with all that their civilization produced, and with the wisdom and thought of other civilizations.
Inspiring thought based on the plurality and tolerance of Islamic Jurisprudence and civilization that enables Muslims, in terms of perception and practice alike, to face contemporary challenges. Our aim is to contribute to our age, rather than separate from it. We take it upon ourselves to make clear the rich, dynamic, and inspiring spirit of our Islamic heritage, to emphasize its tolerance, diversity, and hence, ability to serve all of humanity through infinite paths for dialogue and action.
QFIS offers several highly competitive scholarships that are designed to attract the best and the brightest graduate students from around the world. Our graduate programs aim to provide you with knowledge and skills based on Islam’s rich legacy as well as its growing contemporary contributions in a variety of academic fields. Scholarship recipients are expected to make valuable contributions to their program of choice and the Faculty more broadly. We believe that this mutual commitment will produce leaders who are grounded in Islamic values of plurality, tolerance and diversity and as such who are able and willing to serve humanity through infinite paths for dialogue and action.
Country Eligibility: All countries
HIS HIGHNESS SHEIKH HAMAD BIN KHALIFA AL THANI SCHOLARSHIPS as follows:
1. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the Msc in Islamic Finance.
2. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the General Diploma in Islamic Studies.
HER HIGHNESS SHEIKHA MOZAH BINT NASSER AL MISSNED SCHOLARSHIPS as follows:
1. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the MA in public Policy in Islam.
2. Five scholarships for successful applicants to the MA in Islamic Studies with a Specialization in Religion & Contemporary Thought.
SHEIKH YOUSUF AL QARADAWI SCHOLARSHIPS as follows:
1. Five scholarships for successful applicant to the MA in Islamic Studies with a Specialization in Contemporary Fiqh.
Scholarships for international students include:
- Program tuition
- Recreation, phone, internet
- Health plan fee
- Transportation inside & outside Qatar Foundation
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have strong interest and aspirations to contribute to their field of Islamic study. Furthermore, successful applicants should have a strong academic grade of “very Good” (GPA of 3.4 or above) and a strong command of English and Arabic (students are expected to pass an Arabic test within first year of studies; failure to do so may result in scholarship revocation).
For Applying and submitting TOEFL: 1ST April 2010
Successful candidates will be notified.
Scholarship applications are available on our website http://www.qfis.edu.qa
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies with a specialization in Contemporary Fiqh
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies With a specialization in Religions And Contemporary thought
- Master of Arts in public policy in Islam
- Master of Science in Islamic Finance
- Diploma in Islamic Finance
- Diploma in Islamic Studies
- QFIS Graduate Admission and Scholarship Forms
- Non‐refundable application fee of QR100 (International students are exempt)
- Copy of the passport or National ID
- Recognized Bachelor certificate and final official transcript.
- Four recent colored photographs
- Test Score of TOEFL (550) for all Programs, except Diploma in Islamic Studies Score of TOEFL (500)
- Pass Arabic Test (International students will do their Arabic exam when they come to Qatar)
Completed application and further inquiries should be sent to admissions_QFIS@qf.org.qa
You may also contact the Admissions office directly at +974 4546588/ +974 4546560
source : mbacolleges